Thursday, December 25, 2014

Last night, after a beautiful candlelight Christmas Eve service, the Thompson crew came home and gathered in pajamas in our room to read before going to bed.  The kiddos chose a story about the song Silent Night.  We snuggled, I read.  When the book finished, it was quiet for a moment, then L began to sing Silent Night.  G joined in.  Then their Daddy added his lovely voice.  Our little quartet sang three verses.

My heart felt so full, I thought it might burst.

This quiet, simple moment is now my favorite Christmas memory.

That my children are filled with His peace and His joy.  That we can celebrate the birth of our Savior today and every day.  That we are surrounded by love in so many ways.

These are real gifts - greater than anything that could fit under our tree.

Merry Christmas, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment