Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fall Ball

G's baseball season has come to an end and I gotta tell you, this mama is happy about it!  Never have I seen such a competitive and critical crew - and I'm talking about the baseball parents, LOL.  So much pressure being put on the boys of this 3/4th grade team.  We did not quite realize what we were getting into.  Fortunately, G had a great experience and early on earned the favor of his coaches.  He enjoyed playing second and third base, never sat out an inning and loved being up at bat.  In literally every at bat, he was walked to first.  He was often able to score a run for his team by stealing bases, but never made actual contact with the ball using his bat.  He fielded some plays while on outfield and overall enjoyed himself.  We are gearing up for winter basketball, but I did ask if he was interested in playing baseball in the spring (because even though I wasn't a fan, I would whole heartedly support my kid should he want to do it again) and I got 'I don't know, maybe.'  So we shall see!


Outfield


On deck


Last game was a cold one so she bundled up.


And it wasn't enough - they ended up calling the game early.  Two kids gave up and went to the car rather than play.  G kept coming over to hang under the blankets with us when he could.  Baseball is not a cold weather sport.

1 comment: