Sunday, January 18, 2015


Enjoyed a great time with this guy today.  We have fallen behind in purposing one-on-one time with the kiddos so I was blessed when my hubby sent G and I out for lunch.

He talked non-stop.  We covered Legos, Star Wars, school, Moses, Abraham, our response to God leading in our lives, football, the best ice cream flavors, music, golden vipers, creatures of the Amazon, the capitols of the countries of South America (he knew far more than me), his plans for his day off, why sleeping in is awesome, literally whatever thought popped into his mind next - that's where our conversation went.

Growing up into quite the exceptional young man, he is (see, that Star Wars talk has me phrasing like Yoda).

What a gift this chunk of time was, and an important reminder of how valuable it is when we can give one of our children our complete, undivided attention.

2 comments: