Thursday, December 15, 2011

As I've mentioned before, Gabe is crazy for fractions these days. And Lily, like her mother, is crazy for anything that contains chocolate and sugar. So with Tim gone away for three days (at least during the kiddos waking hours) we killed some time baking.


I'm not sure that this qualifies as baking, but it surely qualifies as delicious!


My first time trying Chocolate Crackles. Very good - Gabe's new favorite!


3 (4 if you count the marshmallows I let Lily throw in) ingredients to fabulous!
I couldn't find a recipe that jived with the things I had in my pantry... so I just melted a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a bag of butterscotch chips in the microwave. Stirred them together until smooth then added a bag of crunchy chow mein noodles. Combined that until the noodles were all coated. (This is when I let Lily add some marshmallows.) Scooped them onto waxed paper in yummy lumps and let them set for about two hours.


Snickerdoodles! I under-cooked mine by about a minute and a half b/c I like my cookies soft and chewy. So good - reminded me of my childhood!

2 comments:

  1. i think the chocolate crackles are VERY YUMMY..but on the sleepy drive home..the muddle biddies kicked right in where I needed them!!! SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You loved the noodle cookies when you were little! And rolling the snickerdoodles, too!

    ReplyDelete