Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia

I've jumped on the chia seed band wagon.  I love these things!  Eat them on my oats in the morning, throw them into all my baked goods, mix them into parfaits.  But the kids most favorite way to have these little crunchy wonders is in the form of pudding.  This is the recipe I use.  I don't often think to make it at night to have for breakfast, so we eat it for an afternoon snack or with dinner.  It needs about six hours to set properly.

You can switch up the yogurt and fruit to your taste.  G's go-to combo is key lime greek yogurt with soaked raspberries on top.  L prefers strawberry greek yogurt with soaked strawberries on top.  I like vanilla greek yogurt with just almonds on top.  T eats whatever I put in front of him.

Getting used to the texture was tricky, but now this pudding is a family favorite!


A little does go a long way, especially for the kiddos.  They can polish off a dish about this size and be content.  Too much more and they won't finish it.


Soaking the fruit in maple syrup gives the pudding just the right amount of sweetness.


I promise it tastes so much better than it looks right here!

1 comment: