Sunday, January 6, 2013

Does anyone else have this problem since Pinterest came around....  you see an idea online and someone makes it look so easy that you convince yourself you just may be the Martha Stewart of Central Pennsylvania and can also do said project with ease!?  Happens to me all the time.

So I'm always pleased when a project I attempt ends up looking okay - at least okay enough that I feel comfortable posting it online.

We've been making an effort to be more diligent about scripture memorization.  Hand in hand with that, we're embracing the idea of having scripture visible throughout the house.  Tim liked the idea of doing something with Galatians 5:22-23 so I got busy on picmonkey.  (Can I just say I love this website?!  You can do sooooo many cool things - creating new projects or working with photos you've taken.  It's awesome!)

Once I had it the way I wanted it, I saved it as a jpeg then logged onto Staples, uploaded my file and ordered a 2x3 ENGINEERING BLUEPRINT of the file.  The engineering blueprint isn't the highest quality print, but it allows you to print at a larger scale for a low price.  (This was $1.97.)  From a distance, it looks pretty crisp and up close it's a tad grainy.  I was able to pick it up the next day.

My plan had been to attach this to a large insulation sheet (ala Pinterest) but when I stopped into Michael's to load up on spray adhesive, they had a 2x2 (which would fit my print well once I trimmed it) canvas on sale plus I had a 40% off coupon.....  so I cheated a bit and went with that.  It cost me a whopping $10.

I sprayed the edges of the canvas with black spray paint so the print would blend in.

Then I trimmed down the print, removing all excess white paper.

I fitted it to the canvas then glued it down one half at a time.  Because I'm glue-crazy (much like my 3 year old) I spray the paper and the canvas - just to be on the safe side, right?!

Let it dry the requisite 15 minutes then hung it up in the dining room.  Okay, full disclosure, I was making dinner so Tim actually hung it up for me.


We were pleased with this quick and easy piece.  And it's tough to beat the price - under $12.


Oh Pinterest, what will you have me do next....

No comments:

Post a Comment