Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls

Gabe's love of fractions continues - and since I'm horrible at math, I'm trying to encourage him as much as possible with additional activities. Baking seems as good a way to do that as any.

We get High Five magazine. It's on the young side for Gabe now (he can read it all himself), but the monthly recipes are perfect for the little man and I to do while Lily takes her nap (on the days when that still happens!).

This one was very easy - and only used ingredients I typically keep on hand (graham crackers, peanut butter, honey, sunflower seeds, powdered sugar, choc chips, raisins or craisins). As a bonus, it didn't need to be baked.... just mixed, chilled and eaten.


The recipes are laid out in a way that's easy for the kiddos to interpret if they're not reading yet.


The mix and crushed crackers for rolling. I don't like raisins, so I didn't put them in. I added the chocolate chips to the recipe because everything tastes better with chocolate! I also realized mid-way through we were out of graham crackers, so I used Ritz and they tasted great.


Can you tell which ones I rolled and which ones Gabe rolled?!


Handsome Little Chef

1 comment: