Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

So many sweet moments stand out to me from our Christmas celebrations with friends and family. But among my favorite is this one:

Gabe asked if he could get Lily a present for Christmas. We suggested he make something for her. He thought long and hard about it and told us he 'had it under control.' Christmas morning he came downstairs and gave Lily his *Pooh Bear* and said, 'Merry Christmas Lily, I love you!'

Now Gabe's *Pooh Bear* (which is not a Winnie the Pooh, it just sort of adopted that name over time) is a stuffed bear he has had since his third day of life. A gift from Tia Giovanna, Gabe has been sleeping/snuggling/cuddling *Pooh Bear* every day for over five years.

When we asked Gabe why he chose that gift, he said 'I wanted Lily to have something special from me because I love her very much.'

Yep, I cried!

Lily went to bed with *Pooh Bear* last night with a big grin on her sweet face.

2 comments: