Sunday, August 23, 2009

STOP YOURSELF FROM PAYING FULL PRICE

We went to Marshall's yesterday to look for a few new toys for Gabe. I found four Melissa and Doug sets I really wanted to buy. Tim talked me down to two - and suggested saving one purchase (a really cute Birthday Cake kit) for Gabe's third birthday which is coming up. So even though it was only $8.99, I waited to buy it.

We were at Border's today and saw the same kit for $19.99.

Moral of the story being...BUY Melissa and Doug puzzles because they are fabulous. But NEVER buy them at Border's or a Learning Express or any such place. You will grossly overpay!

Now - allow me a moment of horrible, stage-motherish, pride:

Gabe has always loved puzzles. He mastered his first Melissa and Doug at the tender age of 10 months when he transitioned from attempting to eat it to actually stacking and sorting the shapes like a pro.

For as hyper-active and energetic as he is, he's always been able to sit still for a puzzle. Because I can always justify the purchase of an educational toy, and because they are so inexpensive when found at Marshall's or TJ Maxx, he's accumulated a ridiculous amount of them.

I would highly recommend incorporating these toys into your rotation. They're sturdy, they're stimulating, the don't contain lead paint, they're cute, some of them make noise (which, I'll give you can get a little annoying), they're brightly colored, they're affordable...

Just promise me you won't pay full price!

No comments:

Post a Comment